friends in sydney?
Is there any possible way that i could crash at someone’s pad for a week beginning of may?
my housing for that month has let me know that they are finishing renovations (a leak right above the room i’m staying in!) and i won’t be able to arrive until after the first week of may and i’d like to get as much syd time in as possible.
i would say i’d stay at the help exchange house i’m at in NSW a bit longer, but the only thing i’m really being tasked to do is weeding which in turn is getting me covered in a million bug bites! so i’m getting a bit bored of doing the same thing everyday…AND ITCHY!!!
i’m a very courteous guest, will give you a million hugs, we can do a photo shoot, i can make you a pie, i’ll sleep on a couch, on a mattress on the floor, whatever!
please let me know if anyone can help, i’d like to set up my train stuff up there and get it all squared away!
5:41 pm • 16 April 2014 • 23 notes • View comments
MIXTAPE: In Case We Ever Do Meet Again... (A Curse, Of Sorts)
- We Will Fall - The Stooges
- B&W and Read All-Over - Buck 65
- I Am A God - Kanye West
- Machine Gun - Portishead
- I Name My Pain - Skinlab
- Electric Alice - Grinderman
- Salt On Everything - Sole
- Bad Entropy - Why?
- Interlude 3 (The Vultures Are Gone and Will Never Come Back) - William S. Burroughs / The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy
- When Girls Telephone Boys - Deftones
1:38 pm • 15 April 2014 • 7 notes • View comments
Climbing. I’m climbing. People are trying to stop me. It’s not working. I keep climbing. The higher I climb, the smaller I get, until I’m so far up that I seem like a doll perched on a piece of furniture. Still they try to stop me, but I know they never will, no matter how strong they are.
Something good is waiting for me.
So I keep climbing.
2:43 pm • 7 April 2014 • 10 notes • View comments
CXX: ‘… walk on naked and unashamed into a new name…’ / ‘Jingling the gray coins / of daybreak.’
- 'Her nipples were dark rose - madder and already alert to caresses from the night air' (R. Chapman, Kristoferus)
- 'Now that night begins with sable wings / To overcloud the brightness of the sun, / And that in darkness pleasure may be done, / Come Bel-imperia, let us to the bower / And there in safety pass a pleasant hour.’ (Marlowe)
- 'He has to perch sideway on chairs like a nun on a horse. Fancy a man of his age getting boils'
- 'In the sudden attentive silence A. slipped her arm through mine and I felt with a soft detonation along my nerves her wrist's cool silkiness and the intricate bones of her elbow pressing against my ribs' (J. Banville, Athena)
- ’.. it was I who was the real object of all this attentiveness, the new-made, sticky winged I who had stepped forth from the cocoon that A’s kiss had cracked’
- ’.. I can walk on naked and unashamed into a new name, a new life, light and gladsome as a transmigrating soul..’
- ’.. there are moments when a note sounds such as never has been heard before, dark, serious, undeniable, a strand added to the great chord.’
- 'Children of the dark, we make diurnal night for ourselves in the bare back rooms of pubs, in the echoing gloom of public libraries and picture galleries, in churches, even - churches..'
- ’.. a portrait of Nature rampant and cruelly supreme’
- 'I have nothing to say and I am saying it' (J. Cage)
- 'In the retired quiet of the night' (The Eve Of St Agnes, J. Keats)
- ‘Seeing nature ferocious in him’ - The Groundhog (Richard Eberhart)
- 'Night is a curious child, wandering / Between earth and sky…' Four Glimpses Of Night (Frank Marshall Davis)
- 'Peddling / From door to door / Night sells / Black bags of peppermint stars / Heaping cones of vanilla moon / Until / His wares are gone / Then shuffles homeward / Jingling the gray coins / of daybreak.'
- 'Night's brittle song, silver-thin / Shatters into a billion fragments / Of quiet shadow / At the blaring jazz / Of a morning sun.'
- 'Broke the burnt stick of noon in two' - Spraying The Potatoes (P. Kavanagh)
- 'Stand here in an innocent stilness, each marking the spot / Where one more series of errors lost its uniqueness / And novelty came to an end' - At The Grave Of Henry James (W. H. Auden)
(via my uncle)
2:34 pm • 7 April 2014 • 5 notes • View comments
CXIX: ‘sad necessity…’
- neuroses = demons, completed ceremonies
- 'where one embarks on an immaculate passage into nothingness' (James Hamilton-Paterson)
- ’.. he (Augustus John) is incessantly provisioning himself from the inexhaustable and comfortable cupboard of nature’
- 'sad necessity, which has forever held its foor against my throat..' (Chateaubriand)
- nature’s livery
- 'O God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams'
- 'Get thee to a nunnery: why wouldst thou be a breeder of sinners?'
- ”Tis now the very witching time of night, / When churchyards yawn, and hell itself breathes out / Contagion to this world - now could I drink hot blood, / And do such bitter business as the day / Would quake to look on..’
- now is not a durationless instant (M. Herdogger)
- reptilian neck
- growing inkily purple with night time (I. Murdoch)
- 'It's odd how names remain, like skeletons with the flesh fallen away'
- 'Out of the wood of thoughts that grows by night / To be cut down by the sharp axe of light,' - Cock-Crow (E. Thomas)
- 'I am ill at these numbers: I have not the art to reckon my groans' (Hamlet, Act II, Scene II)
- 'I want some nails.' 'How hard do you want them?' 'Oh, I want to keep them'
- ’.. noon had brought an illusion of shadowless commonplace’ (Ordeal Of Gilbert Pinfold, E. Waugh)
- 'That quiet sea-dog had turned a Nelson eye on proceeding..'
- ’.. down he plunged into a moment of night..’
(via my uncle)
10:50 am • 7 April 2014 • 4 notes • View comments
buddblanc’s WISHLIST (April, 2014)
- 2 x karaoke machines
- 1 x knowledge on how to do paste-ups
- 1 x ticket to Las Vegas for February
- 1 x copy of Southern Gods by John Hornor Jacobs
- 1 x copy of each game in the Nightmare video board game series
1 x shelving unit (1200mm x whatever x 960mm -ish) or method to store 17+ pairs of shoes within said dimensions
- 1 x Wallet Sigils
11:59 am • 3 April 2014 • 7 notes • View comments